Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Good Point..


Kenz over at Chips, Choc Milk and Chin Ups has some interesting posts recently.. So much of her last post rang true with me that I was pleased to have read it and discovered I wasn't alone with certain weight loss 'issues'. In particular the concept that I don't have issues. I've never considered myself 'the fat girl' - it's never bothered me to be curvy - in fact during my 20's I thrived on it - looked up to the 50's pin up style - loved the hips!

I've never really had food issues either - in my belief. I never did the 'emotional' eating.. I'm not one for sweets, deserts and chocolates. Like Kenz I just love food - good food. I equate a freedom and 'time-off' with a touch of decadence. I love a great night out with friends - especially if it involves a fabulous restaurant - perfect wine - great conversation and lots of laughs. My dancing till dawn days are over - well I definitely don't do it as much as I did in the 90's!! That was my cardio work out back then.. When I enjoy my social life now I have to remember to balance it out with the new healthy approach. If I want to go for an afternoon picnic in the park with fine cheeses, antipasto and scrumptious breads - then I have to save for it or work for it.. If I want to indulge in long spanish paella fueled lunches then I need to structure the day before and the day after around calorie intake and exercise. Without getting boring!

I've never wanted to be a size 8 - never have. Well actually when I realised I would never be taller then 5'3" and a supermodel I put those ridiculous woman's magazines aside, accepted the beauty myth and moved on. happily. What I want is a return to my curvy size 10-12 way .. With the added bonus of being fit and toned as I close in on my mid 30's. I'm also aiming for those Sass and Bide Jeans - NOT the ultra skinny leg ones. You didn't expect me to be completley devoid of shallowness now did you?

Everyone who wants to lose weight and get fit is different - my reasoning is centered around the new me that came with turning 30 something and not dancing to the aforementioned dawn every night! The me that now works in a busy industry that is often over indulgent. The new me that unfortunately drives more then walks. The me that thinks she can consume rich foods like the days of past without consequences. So the new me just has to get it together and find that balance to make it all work.

No comments: