Monday, June 30, 2008

The title exists for a reason

So the title of this blog is pretty much true.. I just don't care for chocolate too much.. except for the odd biscuit involving chocolate.. but on it's own - not my thing.. and I just proved it.. I mindlessly grab for a lindt ball that the mechanic gave me for being a complete bitch and complaining about them being late with my car.. I now feel blergh.

If only had the same reaction to wine.

I did 3769 calories burned of planned exercise last week. Nothing much changed in my diet - still sticking to around 1400 calories each day.. No difference in weight. This morning I am 60.9 Is it possible my body doesn't even know how to get to the 50's. Seeing as it hasn't been there since the 80's it may have forgotten how. There is obviously something in my diet that needs to give.. I've done a lot of reading lately - since Katiep talked about it - of the paleo diet. I seriously couldn't do it full time but am thinking about giving it an 80% shot..

The 10km is less then a week away. I have a fairly sore sartorius muscle at the moment which is impeding a little on training. I'll try for a long run Tuesday night - short one Thursday night and then pretty much nothing until the race on Sunday morning.. Strength training in between and possibly some yoga is on the cards..

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

what is a paleo diet?

Miss N said...

It's hard core clean eating Kitty - with no potato, beans, dairy, grains.. there is no way I could keep it up daily!

KatieP said...

Don't ever let it be said that I endorse the Paleo diet. I HATED every minute of it - EVERY singe minute of it. I only did it every second day and I secretly cheated with yogurt almost every Paleo day.

I think the secret is not the restricting of the grains, dairy and potatoes but the large volumes of vegetables you eat. I reckon it would be easier, and saner to eat 1400 calories a day and ADD 100 extra calories of fruit and veges.

It is altogether possible that they have magical powers especially if you subscribe to one of two whacky theories

a) they take more calories to digest than to eat ????
b) they alkalize your system which is suposedly better than having acid which comes from grainy carbs and protein ???

PS: I would never do paleo again by choice, I need my yogurt and my oats every single day xxx

Miss N said...

Katie - Very good points! I've only thought about doing it once or twice a week. In much the same way as I have meatless days.. Me with no grains is a very very sad existance..
Thanks for your thoughts!

Anonymous said...

*runs away screaming*

Miss N said...

kitty - LOL!