Monday, June 30, 2008
Egg White Frittata
God knows why blogger can not rotate this pic properly... but here is my latest obsession. The egg whites I buy in a carton - found in the freezer section in woolworths near the pastry, frozen berries. I got over doing omelets - and trust me there is only so much you can do with egg whites. On the weekend it was a Potato, Zucchini and Weight Watchers grated cheese (a very small amount). I roasted the potato slices first then grated the zucchini and mixed it through the egg whites with a few herbs and a small small dash of pesto - as in half a teaspoon to the 2 cups of egg whites. A fine sprinkling of the cheese over the top - as well as a few tomato slices. Bake until golden. Yum!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
fkn yum.
Sounds great, but try adding mushrooms and using Eggology egg whites in a bottle - they are much fresher
anon - I love adding the mushrooms in the omelette version - plus lean bacon or proscuitto..yum! I don't think Eggology is available in Oz (i could be wrong) - something to do with our fresh egg product laws.. the frozen carton works quite well (just not as fluffy) - but even better fresh eggs with discarded yolks. If I try not to think about the waste.
Post a Comment