Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Gentrification Bites!

I got to start work like someone in the real world today ie: not at the crack of dawn.. I had an appointment to view a house in my neighbourhood because it's looking very very likely that The Texan Boyfriend and I are going to have to move thanks to my landlord being a fucking greedy pig landlord with 'ideas'..

The house I looked at is almost exactly like the one I'm in just pre-renovated. However it has a bigger back yard - which is a rarity in my Neighbourhood of Gentrification™..

The question is: Can I live with lino?? Can I live with no back deck?? Can I live with a 70's kitchen to suit said lino?? 3 questions.. i know. quiet now.

Sometimes I wish I had no taste..

On the up side I had a bit of time to spare before my appointment because I still got up like I was going to work at the normal hour.. I neglected to mention that my butt is killing me post the 10k walk -- so I didn't run last night.. But this morning I went Urban Bushwalking.. one of many reasons why I like my inner city paradise. I just don't want anyone else with more money then me to like it and buy every square inch of available space!
stairs and hills and more stairs and hills to try and get my weight into the 60's.. Like my mother I feel like I'm just never going to leave the 70's...

No comments: