I've been struggling for weeks to break out of the 70's..
What pains me the most is that I haven't slipped from WW at all - except for an Indian takeaway and even then I was super careful and saved points just in case it was worth more then I anticipated..
I've been exercising, drinking copious amounts of water.. not a single morsel of fried food or chocolate has passed my lips...
When I got on the scales 3 days before my weigh in I was 70.2 - on my weigh in I was 71 again - just like the previous weeks weigh in!!
Why is it so hard to get past this hurdle?? It's almost enough to de-motivate me completely.
3 comments:
Hi
It sounds like you have hit a plateau and having problems breaking out of it. Don't get discouraged it happens and for many reasons. Some times it is just the body readjusting itself to the new weight. The problem is most people want to reduce their calorie intake to break the plateau and the body sees the drop in calories and thus goes into famine mode and drop your metabolism and you stay on the plateau longer.
Sometimes increasing the fat will break the plateau, I know this sounds hard to believe but it is true. A good way of doing this is by eating one table spoon of peanut butter a day. This especially true if depression is accompanying the lack of weight loss.
Keep your diet healthy! Best wishes.
Bill
PS. OH I don't know what country you are in but here in the USA we measure in pounds so any adult that weighs in th 70 would need to gain weight if they were still alive.
Bill,
Thanks for your comment - that does make a lot of sense to me. very much appreciated!!
I'm in Oz so I think the equivalent of my weight here is around 156 pounds.. :)
I'm with Bill. When I hit a plateau, I give myself one day to go buck wild. For some reason, that wacky calorie frenzy jolts the metabolism (mine is the equivalent of a tree stump) and revs things back up again.
Don't give up. You're doing so well, you'd hate yourself if you quit now. Go eat something gooey and cheesy (preferably fried) and then get back on the wagon tomorrow.
Post a Comment