I have to confess on being slightly slack on the C25k these last few weeks.. not that I haven't been exercising or running - I have and in fact this week I've upped the amount of time I have been exercising as a bid to break past the plateau I hit as well as give myself a challenge. I bore easily.. sad but true.
I haven't been following C25k religiously.. once I was able to run the 20 minutes in Wk 6 and tacking on an extra 5 to make it a wk 7 run I pretty much just started doing my own thing.. Some days doing Wk 7 C25k sessions and sometimes not - instead opting to try out other machines at the gym such as the crosstrainer..
What I learnt is that my fitness level is unbelievable compared to when I first started all of this 3 months ago.. I easily hit Level 10 or 15 on the settings for the Bike or crosstrainer.. I used to just leave it on 1 and even then struggled after 10 minutes. Now I can easily work the cross trainer on Llv 15 for 25 minutes. I put it all down to consistent exercise (obviously) but also C25k. Without the running program I doubt I would of got to this fitness level so (not completely) easily - especially without injury.
This week I also concentrated on getting Wk 7 completed. On to Wk 8 and 28min runs. Let's hope it doesn't take me another 2 weeks!
***On another matter... I'm not one to worry about or feel self conscious about men at my gym. I couldn't give a toss. I prefer a mixed gym to 'female' only gyms as I HATE the concept of female segregation - to me it signifies that we have something to be afraid of. Besides woman are far more judgemental of other woman that an all female gym would probably make me more uncomfortable because I wouldn't have the latest Lorna Jane outfit (I'm NOT a big fan of LJ gym clothes..). Today though when I was doing weights it was quite clear that a couple of men behind me were having a good look (I doubt they were 'checking me out' - I think they were commenting on my lack of style:). I was a millisecond away from telling them to bug off when one of them accidentaly dropped a weight on his foot! hehehehe I just laughed and walked away..
2 comments:
I tried a female gym for a couple of years and really enjoyed it there. It wasn't as judgemental as i thought it would be - there was in fact loads of variety. The only time I would feel less stylish than the other women, was when we would be rushing to get dressed to go back to work in the lunch time and I would sometimes stand next to an immaculately presented woman who always wore matching bra and knickers - I felt like I had a long way till I was grown up like her! Other than that it was remarkably easy going and would definately use one again.
Hi Amanda,
I see your point - and if it works for some woman then great. I would fail miserably in the matching underwear category!!! :)
I think I mostly dislike the advertising that goes along with those types of gyms which gives the impression that mixed gyms are full of perves..It just bugs me.
I think my next mission is to get myself a female trainer and see if I like that better then the last male trainer I had..
N
Post a Comment