As I stepped into the local bottle shop last night I was deep in thought about low alcohol wines and why there wasn't a Red that was less then 13%... deep stuff I know. Cruising the aisle (pitifully small bottle shop) I came across Brightlite Red. As I'm one to frequent this shop -- well frequently I was surprised and on the verge of letting out a little whoo hoo.. This wine is 6.5%! That's gotta make a glass worth 1pt if a normal red is 2 pts.. I have no theory to back that up - just go with me..All I could figure out from the small info card attached to the neck was that it is an Australian wine - best served a little chilled - and that it comes in this rather nice looking recyclable aluminium bottle ie: great for taking into parks and venues that don't allow glass..
The Texan and I road tested it last night. I tried it both warm and then when it was chilled. I didn't mind either. It definitely isn't a great wine but it is a nice easy drinking table wine that doesn't have a heavy tannin taste - unlike most cheap wines. It's also available as a white - review of that to follow...
***I'm thinking about exploring this wine for use in a certain house at work..considering the environmental factor and that it's low in alcohol I think it's a good fit..
No comments:
Post a Comment