My freelance contract is almost finished and the upcoming European trip is starting to blow out any kind of budget I imagined that would be reasonable.. here's crossing all my extremeties that a decent new job comes up for the end of the year. So the weekend was spent in gorgeous Byron Bay. We drove down Friday lunch time after I manically ran around all morning doing chores and getting ready, picking up plane tickets and eurail passes and avoiding my dogs sad eyes as I abandoned her with friends for the w/end.
All WW tracking went out the window but I think I stayed on trackish.. Cocktails are core right?? Ok I know they're not but I'm not one to turn down a Cuban Sling!
Friday night we saw the Dan Caroll band and Dallas Crane at the Great Northern. The evening may have involved a streaker flashing dangly bits on stage much to the surprise of the band and onlookers. We had the best steak at the Beach Hotel despite one of our meals not getting delivered - which seemed to become a theme for the weekend.
Saturday was a 7km hike up to the lighthouse and around the bay... working of the previous evening. Then lots of lazing around and back to the Beach Hotel for beers and snacks before going back to the hotel for .... um more beers and snacks. Then to get ready for dinner at the Balcony Bar. Yep all we did was eat and drink. Isn't that what a weekend away is about?? I love the atmosphere in this restaurant and the wine list is great. However the paella was drenched in crushed garlic - the kind you can tell comes out of a jar. Such a shame considering everything else was great. We all had a serious case of food envy every time a waiter passed with meals for another table..

Back on track this week. I think I'm going to cancel WW Online as I think I can do it myself now that I have pretty much absorbed all the info I possibly could about the Core Plan (ie: I've written copious amounts of lists and collected loads of recipes). I'll still be following the plan but I'm using the online tracking system less and less these days and it just seems a waste of money. We all know I need to be saving more of that!
2 comments:
You're a better woman than me. I only made it halway up to the lighthouse. Those stairs are freakin killer!
aaahhh but see I walked up the mountain road way and down the stairs.. too too many times I've done that stair climb to subject the newcomers I was hiking with to that pain!
Post a Comment