An easy way to spend all your savings and make you wish you weren't a freelancer in the film world and had a steady job such as.. oh I don't know.. a bloody rich anything.. is to book a trip to Russia and Scandinavia on your way to a wedding in France. Now I remember why I skipped some countries on my 20something-backpack Europe-then-move-to-Scotland typical Aussie Uk working visa trip back in the 90's.. because there was no way I could afford some places then and I'll be selling my soul on some project (even more then I have this year) when I return to pay this adventure off.. But it'll be worth it. Right?
We've chosen the Petro Palace in St Petersburg because of its location really. In Helsinki it will probably be Hotel Vaakuna because it's so close to the station and we have reliable word of mouth..
I'm loving the look of the Island Hotel in Copenhagen but we may also do a hostel there. Considering we still need to have cashola to eat and there's rent to pay at home. I CAN NOT wait to get to Berlin - I get more excited daily..
I'm open to suggestions... we're trying to steer clear of major chains and gentrified/americanised lodgings.
No comments:
Post a Comment