So I completed the C25k program quite a while back.. which I haven't ever really finished blogging about - a comment from Lien a couple of days back prompted me to muse on the whole C25k thing. What I'm sure of is that I would never have got to the level of fitness I am at now without a program like that. I would never have envisioned running for 5 mins straight let alone 1/2 an hour!
Some weeks just for the hell of it - I go back and do Week 3/ 4 / 5 to remind me of how good it feels to finally be a 'runner'. There were a few weeks there when I was sure I'd never get past Wk 3!!
I haven't exactly kept up the ongoing 3 times a week 30 min sessions of running - but I do try and get in at least a couple per week and occaisionally I slep myself around the neighbourhood pretending to be one of those folk that look good running in public while never breaking a sweat. I am of course - the complete opposite. I'm doubting I'll ever have the legs of the superfit that run past me fast as I huff on down the road. A constant thought process when I see them is 'where the hell do you get calf muscles like that!??'
yes - that was digressing!sheesh it's tough banging out a post today - I'm distracted.. Just about to become unemployed (Thankfully). In the process of a relationship crisis.. well more of a what should I do crisis.. recovering from 2 weeks of solid end of job shenanigans.. Plus there is always this overwhelming weird sadness and slight depression that comes with finishing a job. As much as I'm happy for a change of scenery - which is exactly why I'm in this gypsy land business - it does tend to leave me with an empty feeling packing up yet another desk.. but scarily enough (for us gyspy types) I may be setting up again at this desk as early as November.. eek maybe that's why I'm sad!
I am heading off to Melbourne this weekend - just for the heck of it - with a friend visiting from the states. Promises have been made to take him to great places to eat and drink.. I just have to think of somewhere!
2 comments:
Some days, just for the hell of it, I eat two Hostess cream filled chocolate cupcakes.
And then complain about how fat I am.
I like to think it's part of my charm.
I know exactly how you feel - about the running. It was a while ago since I finished it but then later my brother in law said that I run weird - like rather than surging forward, I kind of bounce up and down. So I've since had to retrain myself to run "properly". Of course the first time I did that, I nearly died and had to go back to week 3. I've slowly crept back up to week 5. But week 5 is such a jump - 20 minutes on the last day!! ugh...
Post a Comment