Affordable Housing
and
a Size 8 ass
but as I'm a realist if I keep working hard enough (or take up smoking again) the size 8 ass may one day be mine.. I promise to share. The Affordable House on the other hand...
So 'our' house sold -- a tiny (but gorgeous and homey) 2 bedroom colonial in the inner city with pretty much no yard (though we have a pond and goldfish and I have NO idea what is keeping it alive!) and definitely no way you can live here with any one else apart from your partner if you want to continue a sex life. The beauty of Queenslanders and their 'airy ventilation' is the intricately designed cut outs above bedroom doors that take away any kind of privacy. It sold for almost 700 Grand... which is almost cheap for this area but still!
Yes - I know it's not Sydney! There it would cost a cool mill at least - after all it is breezy, huge back deck, 500 paces from the bottle shop/ bar/ corner store/ 10+ restaurants (all good). 5 years ago a house like this would of sold for 250 grand.. and that's the boat I missed. Now I'm at the mercy of crazy rent prices to pay off crazy 110% mortgages that are not mine.
The good news is - fingers crossed - that I won't have to slep home from Sydney on the weekends to house hunt for a new rental in this area that will take a dog.
In the meantime I'll continue to nod 'I know I know' to all my beautiful but self righteous friends that got into the property game when I was still pretending one never grows up but continues to order Mojitos in the Valley until the magic fairy appeared with my future life.
ps. I'm not entirely that shallow (**cough**) - I also want Kevin Rudd to seriously not fuck it up and for John Stewart to keep doing what he does!
1 comment:
I can't be dealing with mortgages and what not. It's making my dad despair but seriously, what on earth could I afford? A shed in the western subs maybe....if i was lucky.
Post a Comment