I have a few questions...
Why not then have 4 weeks (for example) at full pay and 4 weeks unpaid leave? It's the same thing!
If you were to take double your leave (say 8 weeks) at half pay then is your employer set up to replace you for those extra weeks at more cost to them with casuals or temps?
Is it in your AWA that you can have such an arrangement? Because under the Libs Work Choices that is what governs your conditions not any policy Hockey or Howard 'promise' you. Even Hockey himself said 'with the agreement of the employer'.
And what if you're on an AWA where you pretty much signed away or 'sold' all of your annual leave??
What is exactly new about this policy?? In some cases workers can already come to this arrangement with their employer if they need more then their agreed paid annual leave?
How stupid does Liberal actually think we are?
Oh wait - they've been in government for how long?
With the way interest rates keep rising is taking double your leave at half pay good for the household budget? For that matter how many families can afford someone taking 52 weeks unpaid parental leave?
With such low unemployment the strain on employers finding suitable skilled workers to replace the trained skilled person on leave will be huge - do they get any business tax offsets to cover hiring extra casuals/ training incentives etc?
If employers find it hard or impossible to cover the employee on leave will the burden of the job then be left to the employees existing work colleagues to cover? And if their workload doubles and requires overtime have they successfully negotiated this entitlement into their binding AWA?????
Is anyone seriously going to fall for this??
Oh wait - they've been in government for how long?
Maybe I should move...
*****A lot of what happens out there in Work Choices doesn't necessarily affect me (though it does affect my partner). I pretty much always negotiate a new contract for every job I take under the Motion Picture Production Agreement. We basically get our annual leave which is owed to us (worked out on a pro rata basis) when we become unemployed at the end of the contract. This (and what ever I can save) is what keeps me alive between jobs. It is my choice to work in this way and not belong to the greater workforce who are reliant on AWA's. I can also discuss with my employer if I need any specific time off during a production (for weddings, funerals, unmissable events) and will sometimes have that granted as paid sick leave or take unpaid leave that doesn't affect my annual leave amount when I need money the most at the end of the job. I feel deeply for anyone that isn't experienced or confident in doing so to negotiate a contract or AWA that works well for them 100% of the time or even 50/ 60/ 70% for that matter!.
No comments:
Post a Comment