Friday, January 11, 2008

Friday on my mind!

The Festival of Whoa Is Me is surely over because I can NOT be bothered stressing out!

A weekend of packing up the house, reading, cleaning, drinking, gyming, being nice to the Texan starts in approx 1 hr. I'm not sure in what order any of the above will happen - we'll all just have to wait and see!

The books for the weekend are:



Yes I'm aware I'm the only person in the universe not to have read Harry.. I um.. Well I've been busy see..

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Miss N - Atonement is THE BEST book I have EVER read... I read it in 9 hours flat... (between Vegas and Manchester).... you're going to fucking love it!

As for Harry, well, I am completely jealous that you are a Harry virgin coz I have read them all and would love to start from scratch without knowing what happens!!!

Have fun!

Josh said...

Have a great weekend.

I am a Harry virgin, having not read one of them, which is odd because I read a lot - normally three books on the go at any time.

Will have to check out Atonement based on the recommendation of OSK above.

My favourite book of late was The Time Travellers Wife. So hard to put down.

Miss N said...

Josh - The Time Travellers Wife was my favourite book of last year! I left it on a cruise ship between Helsinki and Stockholm after I read it non-stop on the plane to Russia.. How do you feel about Eric Bana playing Henry (Rachel McAdams - drool - is Clare) in the film adapt coming next year is ?????? I'm obsessed with that book! which is why I'm loving journey man..

OSK - I can't believe I never read harry - like josh I read at least 3 books at a time ferociously.. seen the movies so hoping there is more in the books :) Atonement I have been circling for a while - cracking it with a wine the second I stop typing.

cupcake said...

Run, don't walk, to Atonement. Run. NOW!

I just finished EPL. I'm interested to know what you think of it. Lots to discuss.

And Harry? I read the first one and thought, "Lloyd Alexander did it better back in the 60s with the Prydain Chronicles." The Harry craze is one that has passed me by completely.

Miss N said...

Cupcake - I'm dying to fall into atonement... i'm a massive mcewan fan.. and critic.. and I will def discuss EPL.. I've heard mixed.. i'm curious..

harry passed me because at the time I was immersed in an immense amount of literary that i adored.. it'll now be my filler in between others...

don't mark me on my sentence structure - I suck!

Josh said...

Yeah, have heard about the film but am not sure how well it will work.

Being a good Aussie bloke and all, crying in a cinema with 100 or more other people is not my preferred night out so like Atonement, it may have to wait for a home viewing :)

Also apologies to One Skinny Girl, for some reason you got abbreviated to OSK rather than OSG..

Miss N said...

hehehe and then I abbreviated her to OSK as well! baa baa!

Steph said...

Would sooner scoop my own eyeballs out than read Harry.

P.S Kylie got the link :P

Miss N said...

hehehe Steph

Nearly said...

No, I haven't read it or seen it..HP that is!!

oh noeessssss;)

Miss N said...

gettin there - virgins are always welcome!

It's usually my rule to read a novel before the film adaptation.. with Harry I just failed to pay attention..