
As Brisbane grows up it continues to have more and more to offer that makes me happy about living here. (But thankful I get to live interstate for parts of the year as well!) The bike paths and the whole rejuvenation of the river banks is something that makes me proud. At the same time makes me feel old because you will hear from me that 'it's not what it used to be like'.
Saturday mornings every man/woman and thier helmet, dog, road bike, rock climbing shoes, kayak are out in force along the river...
It's my favourite morning as well to get out there - mainly because I then don't have to rush off to be anywhere afterwards. Unless of course I've planned something exorbently fun - such the glamorous decadent life I lead. (sarcasm../)

My bike is now in the shop getting fitted with a speed/distance computer.
I on the other hand am now hibernating - it's seriously fucking ridiculously hot outside. The Texan and I are killing the ozone with the aircon (we honestly never turn it on!). It's only just managing to cool the house a tiny bit. I stepped outside to grab a beer from the bar fridge on the deck and almost melted into the verandah. The dog refuses to leave the coolness of the bathroom floor..
If you want me I am reading the papers here:

But damn it I have to go for a walk soon to pick up the bike..
3 comments:
I am sitting here guzzling water like its going out of fashion..... tried to get into our pool but it was like a bath, being right in the afternoon sun......
This is the hottest it has been since we came here.....
LOVE IT!
Enjoy it. Winter is not far away.
Now pass me that ice cold beer - Sydney is cooking too!
**Hands slim and josh refreshments** xx
Post a Comment