I got the hint from my body during Pump last night that I may need to rest for a day - and take it easy on the weights. I may be overdoing my biceps - but fuck my triceps are looking good! I had a slight pain in one of my shoulders last night while training and a knee. I haven't had a rest day for 2 weeks now. Though my work outs haven't been intense every day - sometimes just an easy 20 mins on the treadmill. However I'm taking today off.
Isn't your life substantially more enhanced now that you have finished reading that piece of info?
Swamped at work as well so blogging may suffer for a few days. Plus NOTHING is happening in my life except work, gym, don't sleep enough, worrying about taking rest days...
5 comments:
I was wondering was it really hard when you first started classes and has gotten easier as you have gone on? Or is it always so hard? Do you get really breathless?
Hi Barb! It was hardish when I started but I kept the weights light unitl I was confident with the moves, getting the technique right etc I SORE after the first couple of times - like couldn't walk sore.. but that goes away the more you do it. Until you have a couple of weeks off!
I never really get breathless even now that I have upped the weights to quite heavy - but I think that's because I took the time to get the technique right. I do sweat though when I'm working hard which is a good sign!
I know what you mean about the rest days, it is hard..... be kind to yourself!!
S X
Yep, you have got to listen to your body or else you end up with an injury that will force a long break and that is no fun at all!
You know how safe and responsible I am with my body so do as I say and not as I do.
Slim - I'm trying - damn OCD xx
Josh - Yes I should follow your example! :)
Post a Comment