Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Dum dide dum dide dum dide dum

or how ever the rocky theme goes!



I've been quiet about my latest Couch to 5k challenge. I slammed it on the treadmill last year. Since then I've kept the running up both outdoors and on the tread. Needless to say the treadmill is easy compared to the ups and downs of my urban village. It was still an awesome challenge when I first did it and NOTHING will make me feel as good about myself then when I got through my first 3min, 5min, 8min, 20min run etc... coming from a background of absolutely no running (shit I used to hide behind the basketball courts and pash boys when my school went on skanky surburban cross country runs). Every week I completed C25k, the first time round, motivated me into doing even better.

Then I had a long break from running when The Texan and I went to Europe and then xmas etc... I kept up exercising but not regular running.

In Sydney, at the end of last year, I started C25K again but wasn't consistant enough - I was just maintaining at a week 3/4 level.. Still running but still taking walk breaks.

So I got serious about it again and chose not to really blog about it like I did the first time round. I've been consistant - generally running Wednesday, Fridays and Sundays or Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays - basically sticking to the format. I didn't repeat a week - I pushed through each week expecially when I got to the daunting 20min run in Week 5.

Tonight?

I kicked ass!!!!! I may not be gliding past you on the street like the other giselles in my neighbourhood but I can run and run and run.



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your work Miss N... you fucking RAWK!

S X

Lien said...

Congrats! I've been doing week 3/4 again for about the last 6 months (even though I completed the whole program last year). I really have to push myself to go onto the next week!!

Miss N said...

Lien - keep the speed down and just push past - you'll be amazed! x

Miss N said...

Slim - look who is talking miss slim sexy!

Josh said...

Just been reading about that C25K program. Sounds good.

I don't enjoy running all that much but I might even give it a go when I get back in a few weeks time.

Miss N said...

Josh - I was so not into running before I tackled this - unless I was running to a bar. How is your trip going?? working hard? :)