Sunday, February 10, 2008

That Song Your Playing

This person is one of the most important people in my life. I can't even begin to explain our journey from childhood through to now. We've had so many highlights - Prince at Madison Square Garden on my 26th birthday (when I flew over from Scotland for the weekend on a whim) was one - we actually cried like babies! yet we'd seen him twice before! I also worked for him for a little while in San Francisco - we are lucky our friendship survived that. He knows me better then my family. He's only ever judged me when I have behaved really badly and needed to be told. Otherwise he has been unconditional and incredibly supportive, funny and wise. He has the most amazing family that have been just as important to me for the past 25 yrs. He's the kind of friend that makes you feel blessed on days when you feel unlovable and lonely. He wrote this song and to me when I hear it it's like I'm in the Delorean and it's 1989 all over again. We've just finished high school - survived the bogan formal and started our lives with dreams.




So he's coming home to visit family in a couple of weeks and his timing couldn't be better.

2 comments:

Josh said...

You are a lucky girl. Not everyone gets to have a friend like that - and a talented friend too...

You lucky thing.

Miss N said...

Josh - there is so much in my past that is unbearable and there is so much in the people that I love and got me through it that I do truly feel blessed. I love that friends just find you by accident and become catalyst to better lives - if that makes sense!?