Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Overcoming the 'Ahh not tonight'

You know when you start coming up with lame excuses not to exercise. I had a brilliant (ie: completely stupid) reason to not go for a scheduled 40min bike ride at 5am this morning..umm.. I didn't have any clean socks.

So I don't win fitness fanatic of the year for that one. Obviously.

After work tonight - on the long drive home I started thinking of other excuses to not go for my run tonight.. It was raining slightly, already dark, I had a friend dropping over to pick something up..blah blah blah. So what did I do?

As soon as I got inside the door I got changed into my running gear. Pausing briefly to kiss The Texan but then it was all business of getting the pod, polar and my ass out the door. Result?

Duration: 33mins
Max Hr: 181
Avg Hr: 156
Calories: 301

Completely worth it and another reminder of just getting on with it when life tries to get in the way. As it was the rain stopped just as I started running, I ran on lit streets and my friend wasn't due over until at least 1/2 an hr after I got home. Tomorrow morning I make up for the bike ride.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you're fucking hardcore woman!

Miss N said...

Slim - I have to do something the weight is just staying the same!!! and YOU should talk :)
xx