I do use food to calm me down sometimes when stressed - but it's the cooking process not the gorging. In particular it's sourcing great ingredients and making something that is as healthy as possible.
Today it's Roasted Tomato and Sweet Potato Soup - heavy on the tomato.
I first skin the tomatos by scoring them at the top and pouring boiling water over them - then letting them sit for 1-2 minutes. Peel the skin off - cut them in half and cut the hard core off. Throw them in a roasting tin with peeled and diced sweet potato, spring onion, garlic cloves in the skin. Drissle yummy good for you Olive oil over it all - season and then slow roast for an hour possibly longer. Just before it's finished roasting I put in some rosemary sprigs. When ready put it all in a large saucepan - take the skin of the roasted garlic though! Add chicken stock and then wiz away with a bamix. I don't do food processers if I don't have to - I hate washing them!

Delish!!!
2 comments:
I am having THAT for tea tomorrow.
Delish isn't the word for it!
Oh it's good mongret! I'm all souped out after eating for 3 meals :)
Post a Comment