Monday, August 11, 2008

and counting...

I think I am out of here in the next few days.. Then hopefully a few blissful weeks of home body me plus extra training for the Bridge to Bris. In a perfect world I would be finished work this Wednesday and not start the next job until the first week of September. That gives me 3 solid weeks of free time before the race. I could get quite a lot of daytime running in - I may even get a personal trainer for that time.. I just need to know my dates.. email has been sent - just waiting on the reply.

The weekend was exercise free. Friday night I was down the coast again for another function and then went and hung out at the hotel with a friend drinking lots of red wine.. there was an amazing sunrise. Needless to say Saturday, once I was home in Bris, was fairly low key. I did go to the film festival Saturday night to see a friends feature film that was brilliant. A quick dinner with interstate friends afterwards and then I was done. Let me tell you that 3 weeks of non stop parties does a few things.. It makes you tired! It creates a lot of tension with your partner. It does give you some interesting memories.. once you've pieced it all together that is.

I saw good friends over the weekend that haven't seen me in a while but have been keeping across the parties via facebook... then I realised The texans family is friends with me on facebook - so half the states have seen probably way too many photos they really don't need to see of me. Thank Bono no one took photos of the production manager and I doing a push up challenge in some random alley next to a restaurant.. oh yes.. classy.

3 comments:

Me said...

If you do ever disappear from the wide world blogger world be sure to find me on Facebook :)

Good to see you gave yourself the weekend off. Everyone needs it. Just hope there isn't too much tension where it doesn't need to be.

Keep training, keep partying. I've done far too much of the latter over the past ten years so I will stick to my cross trainer ;)

Friday said...

Hey you..
Dont leave me again! I missed you.FAcebook me too if yr off.
xx

Miss N said...

Orhan kahn - I often use the excuse 'But I've been going out for 15plus years I can't go out tonight!!' -- obviously not lately.. I do need to be reunited with my cross trainer..

Friday - I don't think I'll go anywhere just yet and promise to write more soon! Where have you been?? I must head over and visit you xxxx