I'm not weighing in over the weekend.. I didn't go to Pump this morning... I may very well run or cycle tomorrow.. today I'm having a life.. It's a quiet one - but good today. I had a gorgeous night last night - dinner and a dvd with a new friend, wine and good conversation. I love getting to know someone new - it's been a long time!
Some crazy random stuff has happened over the past week that I haven't mentioned..
First I met someone who is a long time friend of one of my best friends husband - not sure why we haven't met before.. Turns out he lived in Edinburgh around the corner from me at the same time circa 1996/97. One of life's little coincidences..
Then -- I had a small birthday party last weekend with The Texan and mutual friends. A friend brought some guests along that I've never met (2 girls and a guy) and they were very much welcomed. One of the girls offered me a glass of pressecco and wished me happy birthday - I said 'Thanks it was actually on Thursday' - she said 'So was mine'. Cue high fiveing felllow Libran (seeing as we rock and all). Cut to about half an hour later she asked me my age - I told her - cue high fiveing same age, same birthday person. More drinking and revelry ensued.. I chat to same birthday girl again and then ask 'So where were you born?'. She says 'Unfortunately **insert crap bogan town**'. Holy Fuck SO WAS I. So here we are at my birthday party meeting someone born in the same town, hospital on the same day as me. Freaky much? More so when I said 'My dad was in the army out there that's why we were there.' Guess what - so was hers.
I then rang my mother and asked if I was perhaps swapped at birth - she assures me I wasn't. I'm considering DNA sampling..
1 comment:
Oh, wow. Small freakass world it is!
Post a Comment