I have a new home!! In 2 weeks the doors will be open to the new bachelorette pad! It is simply stunning! Just in my price range and so perfect for me the building should actually be named after me. It's a 1920's original Art Deco masterpiece - beautifully maintained. You know that instant when you walk into a room and know it's yours?? Work was so kind to let me have a few hours off over lunch today to drive back up to where I was looking.. I had 2 appointments set. Plus a heavy heart about both of them.. First appt. at 11am for one I believed had potential.. I scooted up the highway, running a tad late as I had left the office without my
I drop into home briefly to check any work emails - I have 1/2 an hour to kill before the next appointment. I actually pack 2 archive boxes of random ornamental stuff from around the house. This is how I have decided to pack over the next few weeks.. One box at a time when I get the chance..
I then head to the next place.. I have been avoiding seeing this building because it is literally around the corner from the house with The Texan. But I told him about it last night and we both decided we're grown ups and I can live closely..
I'm directed to the side entrance and a little cosy balcony - my wish is for a bigger outdoor space as I have an abundance of outdoor furniture.. however everything else about this place was beginning to override that.. Once inside I immediately know I love it. I almost skip around the bedroom. It's big enough for my usual bedroom furniture, plus a study nook, plus a reading area, plus my clothes! That's how big it is! Bathroom is great too.. So this is it!
I zip around to the real estate office in my trusty jazz.. I dial my best friend who knows this building well as she spent time with a local music promoter there back in the 90's hey days.. 'Do it!' she says. I literally spring out of the car and into the real estate office - almost frightening the lady behind reception with my air of 'oh shit I'm about to do this!'. I tell her I'd love to apply - and had in fact already done the application at work before I saw the apartment and have all my necessary ID, show I have a good job, evidence of being a great tenant type of documentation..(I'm that anal sometimes!) I hand over 2 weeks rent as a deposit (since when did it go up to 2 weeks for a deposit on an app?) meh. I jump back in my car to head down the grey grey highway - almost shaking with the thought that I am possibly about to be FREE. I'm overwhelmed with hurrahness! I calm down though as they tell me I won't know about my application for 24hrs.. I call mum and finally tell her about The Texan.. she isn't surprised though I can hear in her voice she's wondering if I'll be a spinster.. meh again. We make a date for lunch on Saturday. I then hang up but then my phone starts ringing...
'Hi, it's hoighty toighty owner of snobby real estate office.'
'Oh hi' - N says too cheerily..
'We've processed your application and would like to tell you that it is approved.'
Cue N bouncing up and down in drivers seat while navigating 3 lanes of merging traffic..
We discuss signing of lease date and moving in date.. I hang up and get all bloody excited again!!!
I viewed the property at midday. I had a new home by 1pm. I rock today!
4 comments:
good girl. so happy for you. xx
I am so happy you've found your new home. It will make everything so much easier. Thinking of you.
xxx
K
Congratulations!
fantastic news miss n - all the best for the packup and move - I thinkg the little bit by little bit is a great approach.
xxx
Post a Comment