Friday, December 5, 2008

11.5 work days to go

My holidays are sooooo close... just not close enough! 2 full weeks of work left and then unpaid leave until Jan something... I'm looking forward to it for the usual reasons anyone looks forward to not working - plus it's a festive fun time (generally) - good friends are visiting -- family to endured and lots of navel gazing on summer days to be had..

I love that I don't have to make a New Years resolution to go to the gym, work out better etc.. already doing that. I hate resolutions anyway. When you self sabotage as much as I do then setting oneself up for failure isn't all that great..

My very first serious boyfriend will be heading home for the holidays as well and we are actually looking forward to hanging out together.. It's been 17 yrs since we dated -- back in the very simple dating world when I thought all I would ever have or need would be him..til the filthy scum cheated on me with a gorgeous fabulous chick (who is to this day a very close friend of mine).. He's lucky I still speak to him! :)

Weekend plans are to see the Stallion tonight.. Gym it in the morning - then a reunion breakfast and I suspect an afternoon of lazing around followed by a very very quiet weekend.. bliss! or I'll get bored - drink copious amounts of wine and feel sorry for myself - you know - the pendulum can swing any which way..

No comments: