Well aren't you all a patient lot! :) Days have gotten away with me and a little navel gazing and self reflection about the past week had to happen over the past 24hrs.. Leading straight to insomnia last night and another dream about planes falling out of the sky..
My week will have to be explained in segments I'm afraid as I'm already late to go and pick up some friends for breakfast and then I have to get to Coolangatta for lunch..
It all started innocuous enough.. I hung out with the Italian last weekend for about 3 days.. dinner/ dvd's/ hanging out we spent time with friends at a bar down by the river and then nursing rather large glasses of wine in the spot to be this summer - Princess D's courtyard... Now a bit has changed in me in regards to the Italian.. He's all 'this is just shagging/dating and if you see someone else fine' - mind you this is just said to me in direct response to my question.. And fine - I'll play along - as I've already written about.. It's a wild world of dating out there so why not! Plus my gut feeling tells me the Italian is saying it because he has something in mind with someone else - and I don't think it's happened - more in the planning stages. Totally unfounded gut feeling - but I've seen this behaviour in men before! We all know that sentence of 'Let's just be casual' means 'Hey there is this chick/ guy who works in the next cubicle/ bottle shop/ with a mate of mine/ big boobs - that I really want to shag'...
Sometimes I wish I was just born yesterday and ignorance was bliss - but power is knowledge! That and I'm just dating.... right?
So the day he leaves I have a text from an old flame I see every few months for beers - he comes over -- for beers.. and more beer.. we're having a pretty fun time, chatting away.. and then he kisses me.....
Trust me this isn't even part of the 72 hrs of weirdness! It's just the lead up.. and doesn't even involve him..
Next installment: Christmas 1989 style - can you really go back 19 yrs to your first love?
3 comments:
Ok so I have my popcorn ready waiting for part 2 :)
NOOOOOOO you are worse than the cliff hangers on True Blood which made me watch 12 hours of tv in 24..........
ellebee -- :)
Fee -- I CAN NOT wait for season 2 of True Blood - I'm completely sucked in and spent a complete day on my couch watching season 1!
Post a Comment