Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Yesterday I learnt a new valuable lesson about my new lifestyle: Never Ever let myself get to the point of starving because I will then make unwise choices and plenty of them!! Firstly my day started at 3am BECAUSE MY BOSS TEXTED ME 'Are you awake?'. At 3 Fucking AM!! Now it was always going to be an early work day as I was due at a location at 5am - this does not mean I would be getting up any earlier then 4!! I texted back '?' - because quite frankly I don't have his number in my phone and thought it was either a random booty text (that would of resulted in a not so polite 'fuck off') or someone had been in an accident - and trust me at 3am I was saying 'this better be a fucking emergency'. But no - it wasn't - he called me after I texted back to ask where a certain piece of official government permit was that we needed on set in order to do something with one of the boats... This was not needed unitl AFTER LUNCH. deep breaths....

So I'm up then, swearing under my breath as I get ready for work. Get to location at 5am - I'm not usually on set but there was so much for my department to do that morning it was all hands on deck. At 6am breakfast is served and then the shoot starts and we do what most of the crew do until lunch. Not a bloody lot. It's such a game of 'hurry up and wait'. It's clicking on 7... 8.. 9 -- oh 3 hrs no food.. and morning tea isn't out... 10.. I'm really really hungry.. missed morning tea because the 10mins I was actually doing something it disappeared into the rest of the crews starving bellies.. 11.. I'm seriously going to eat my arm.. 12 - and they call lunch.. Now there is a protocol I like to follow when they call lunch and that is to not stampede the table but check on my department - make sure they are heading to the lunch tent and then we'll proceed.. Took everything I had not to stampede! Finally food.. great salads, excellent vegies and curry.. oh and look a 2nd helping. and then -- gasp horror -- desert! since when do I eat desert?? I'm also not a 2nd helping person these days.. but it was 6 HOURS in between meals..

I got back to the office around 2 and made my self a sandwich.. and then fruit.. and then a cookie... and then nuts... I got home - did not work out (exhausted/ sunburnt/ grumpy) and had a quick dinner (Lamb skewers and mashed potatos with steamed green beans - followed by WW ice cream) and then in bed by 7pm - asleep almost instantly..

I knew what my Monday would be like and I should of planned ahead for it.. I should of carried snacks.. I should of applied more sunscreen.. I should of not had those 3 vodkas the night before and gone to bed at a decent hour - though I planned on waking after 4 - not 3!!

So I'm not weighing today.. I'm working on repairing the damage - but it was just one day - and hardly a binge.. Just felt like a binge to me!

1 comment:

missfee said...

bastard bastard bastard - not at all fair - hope you have a better day tomorrow - and if on set my trick is to drink lots of water!!!!!