I'm on a 'How to break old habits trip'. Usually with a day like yesterday I would probably then write the next few days, even week off.. When I woke this morning at 4.15 that was exactly what I thought of doing and then I just said NO to myself.. 2 weeks to bikini day but also in the past 3 weeks I've noticed more definition and while the numbers are not dropping the fitness is rising and why mess that up when I enjoy it so much??
So I got up - bleary eyed because I don't normally sleep 9 hrs +
I did a hill walk/ half arsed jog for 40 mins and then a few weights at home. Not the worlds most empowered work out but I got out of bed - I moved forward - that was a lot for me this morning.
The flipside was cut to tonight and I got out of the car - it was 15 mins before sunset (I LOVE getting home in the light!) threw on the running clothes... and ran.. realising 2 mins into my run I had to do a Week 7 C25k because that was all there was on my ipod.. Actually didn't think I could do it because I've just been running intervals and speedwork lately and not as consistent as I would of liked.. but hey - with all good runs this one did it! Loved it. Ran 30 mins - just over 5k and my pace was around 8.4. No walk breaks - maybe a pause at a set of lights but I made sure I looked like a goose and kept my legs warm by dancing on the spot..
So rather then wallow in yesterdays 'bad day' I just turned it on it's head...
Now - can I do the same thing with my love life???
No comments:
Post a Comment