Wednesday, January 28, 2009

DOMS during Determinator Week

Thanks to a hefty butt and thigh workout on Australia Day (where I was the only person at the gym - well my gym - while the rest of the country sat by their radios drinking beer) I have sore sore ass and legs.. BUT I haven't let them stop me and kept up the cardio for the past 2 days in the form of cycling and then a hill climb session this morning.. No Body Pump unfortunately.. I know I have to let some of the torn muscles repair in order to get stronger! So... so far so good sticking to plan..

I just got back from the gym after one of the most depressing days.. work sucked balls - hairy sweaty ugly ones that are just going to be in my face for the remaining 3.5 weeks of this job.. I think I'll go temp in the real world for a while after this - if they will have me - to turn my brain off.. or not - that would bore me fucking senseless!

I did an all arm, back and abdominal workout tonight.. because of said DOMS in butt.. I always feel like I'm copping out just concentrating on one area during a workout.. but I stayed focused (as much as I could despite shitty day). Arms are burning..

As soon as I got home I wanted to go back out the door to purchase wine.. I've purposefully emptied my apartment of any fabulous red as part of 'The Plan'.. I stood in the kitchen thinking.. 'should I? should I? Oh why not..' But didn't. Trust me - the will power to do that far exceeds what I used to lose 20 kilos!! I won't sleep well.. but I won't be cranky with myself in the morning.. just fucking tired and have to face another day of explaining why you can't do a 13 part TV series for peanuts!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What is your number one secret for losing 20kgs?