Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Give Credit where Credit is due
Update: I'm a loser.. and apparently not worthy of being part of society despite working my ass off for 60hrs a week!
So I have this little financial situation going on that is quietly getting under my skin.. I generally start to worry about this situation when the end of a job is looming and nothing concrete has come up for the future..
Last week I applied for a personal loan - and instead of doing it online where I knew it would instantly be rejected - I did it in person.. As I expected a little red flag came up that instantly has the computer throwing me in the trash pile. However, what I had in front of me to give to real life person instead of an unreasonable computer was a mountain of info showing that I make money, am good with my money and don't owe anyone any money! still.. a week later and I am still being 'reviewed' - I'm not holding my breath..
This morning I decided to call my bank about an old credit card that I had YEARS ago that I paid off completely a YEAR ago.. I basically wanted something from them to say it had been completely paid. WELL - guess what.. I owe 94 CENTS!!! which has had my account sitting with collections all this time! I kid you not!! 94 CENTS!! Granted the guy on the phone was just as shocked as me and then when he got collections on the phone they were equally as shocked and instantly cleared it.. well it'll go through as of midnight tonight.. Honestly I don't care that (their words) it's 'good news' they are wiping the 94 cents.. I would of driven to the bank and given them a dollar!! The problem now is that 'The System' needs 6 mths to elapse from when I no longer have my account sitting with collections to when they would possibly even consider me for another card..
How all of this affects my loan application I'm not sure yet.. I went to the bank after the phone call and explained the situation to the person who is handling my application.. yeah yeah they were shocked too... at this stage I was over them being 'shocked'.. They made me fill out a form 'as a precaution' that does completely end the old card/ account.. When I hear from them this afternoon I'll know more about what direction to take.. This is absolutely the year I'm going to have all of this sorted out once and for all! Lesson learned though is to absolutely follow up on everything yourself in regards to your personal finances and not think that the banks have got it right when they said they have.. I remember distinctly asking the bank back when I closed the old account if I owed anything else at all and they said absolutely not.. just leaving out the 94 fucking cents!!!
Update: It's fucking depressing... Last year I made $75,000 and didn't even work the entire year.. I owe exactly $5379.73 to an old GE loan - that is regularly paid. On my credit file is a measly $341 blip from an old phone bill YEARS ago - that was paid the second I knew it existed YEARS AGO! ..... and today I was declined credit.. again.. though this time even the Branch Manager I am going through is surprised.. She has said she will call the decision makers tomorrow morning to see what else can be done.. seriously - what the fuck? After this, if there is no positive result for me, I will be moving banks and it won't be to Which Bank? it will be further away..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment