Friday, January 16, 2009

forced rest day...

Like many woman I suffer slightly from iron deficiency anemia.. usually it's managed very well through my diet (love of green veges and steak!). I'm not one to take supplements.. Unfortunately - every 6mths or so I have a particularly heavy cycle that creeps up on me and generally makes me feel absolutely like crap.. I should of recognised the signs - I was bruising really easily all of last week..

So yesterday I went down pretty badly with the worst headache and shocking nausea. I'm 5 days early so was completely taken off guard.. Consequently no training.. However my weight has settled back down to 61.8 post the pms spike of 63!

I'm feeling slightly more human today.. only just. Finally slept well - which is a start! The previous night I was up till all hours Skyping with a friend of mine who is on a movie in Puerto Rico.. That only exasperated the anemia.. not to mention my brain capacity at work yesterday.

I plan on going for an easy run tonight - I loath running at this time of the month generally.. The rest of the weekend will be detoxing and getting in as much activity as possible. Hopefully Body Pump tomorrow after an early morning cycle.. I may also go swimming..

No comments: