Thursday, January 8, 2009

That fitness thing

So I had dinner with one of my oldest friends last night - we met when we were 12 - so he's been around a bit in my life! Only now he lives in London and I see him about once a year.. never for long enough. I saw him last November after losing 15 or so kilos - he was mighty impressed then. This time around I'm an extra 5 down and a lot fitter then I have ever been.. Oh the compliments were flying - and who doesn't like that!? Shallow creature I can be.

I've started running again after having a break for a couple of weeks. I've been doing weights - but running was out due to a pain that I had to let heal. The bike riding has helped keep the cardio fitness up.. I was surprised at how well my first run of the year went. Until a drunk cyclist came hurtling towards me - leaving me absolutely no way of getting out of his way and we both collided along the guard rail - which was luckily high enough to keep me from plunging into the Brisbane river.. Lordy I swore like a sailor!! No apology from drunk man - just a blank blank (maybe ice fueled) stare. Asshole - thank you for black left knee..

Weight has been sitting around 60/61.. depending on how bad my sodium intake is some days - I'm too addicted to soy sauce and teriyaki!! I haven't been logging in Calorie King -- mainly because for the whole of last year logging there didn't actually improve my weightloss.. the only thing that will actually see me get to goal weight (5 more kilos to go) is Running More, Eating Less and Not Consuming My Weight In Wine. Not rocket science - but some days it may as well be.. Body Pump classes start Monday - I've missed them so much! So with that and running I'm aiming at 1 kilo loses at time.. and then when I have the loss I WILL NOT reward myself with a biscuit or cheese or real coke or any other self sabotaging item.. just baby steps

2 comments:

A Healthier Happier Me said...

HI Miss N,

Thanks for your comment on my blog.
Congratulations on your achievments so far!!!

Just wondering what program you followed to lose 20 kilos ? How long did it take ?

-Jac

Miss N said...

Hi Jac - for me it was Weight Watchers and it was the Core program - not points.. I cheat with points! What really worked (and looking back I'm still shocked at how disciplined I was!) I stuck to the program religiously.. and I didn't snack on treats.. no butter, margarine, cheese, white bread, oils, honey, sugar, biscuits etc.. I even cut out those pre-packaged diet foods like WW or lean cuisine make.. I ate as 'clean' as possible.. Go back to the beginning of my blog for recipe ideas.. Thanks for visiting!!
~ N

ps. Oh and I walked A LOT before I taught myself to run