Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Forced Holidays

I'm edging closer to the end of this job.. More nervous about being unemployed then ever! I've been lucky the last few years and just gone from job to job without too much downtime.. in fact there was often an overlap which at the time was annoying but the kind of annoying I can deal with, if it meant no break in the bank balance.

This show will go into another series -- but not starting again until Aug/ Sept.. I'm not even sure if I'm guaranteed a spot on the next one -- I've clashed majorly with my boss due to him being a sexist moron.. and that's the nicest description I have right now.. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want to do it if I have to put up with more 'you look better in tighter pants' comments..

There is talk of a couple of other shows starting up in June/ July.. I've had one meeting with a Producer that always says he has work for me -- but we'll see. There are definitely no feature films on the horizon here - that is depressing!

I can survive - just - through March, possibly April.. but it will be tight..

Gasp - horror - I could consider the possibility of going into the real world for a nanosecond to Temp -- but I don't even know if there is any temping work out there by the sounds of all the 'economic crisis' fear mongering..

Head down and emails being sent out today to let folk know that I'm around..

At least there will be less driving and more gyming for a while!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

why do you let your boss get away with it? That's sexual harassment

Miss N said...

Anon - he doesn't get away with it. I'm quite vocal in my objections ie: telling him to fuck off usually works. Plus - working freelance - you always know there is an end to a situation. Which is just around the corner on this one!

Anonymous said...

He probably gets off on your emotional outbursts. If you're serious about how it upsets you you should keep calm and follow the proper channels; doesn't matter if you're working with him for a week or 6 months.