Tuesday, March 27, 2007

C25k W4 D1


So this weeks Couch to 5k program calls for the warm up of 5 minutes, then 3 min run, walk 90 secs, run 5 min(!!) walk 3 and 1/2 min and then repeat the sequence. The cool down for 5..

How did I do? After dreading it all weekend...

well I NAILED IT!!!!

Apart from knocking my water bottle off the treadmill - losing my towel on the floor - and being watched by a creepy guy on the bike behind me (who i could see in the gym mirror) I ran like a woman who has been training for 3 weeks to run 5 minutes straight - twice! I also trained to write the world's longest sentences once the language of text taught me to overuse the hyphen -- --

I got to the gym tonight full of doubt about how I would do. I'd already rehearsed in my head how when I felt like giving up I had to tell myself to just keep going. I'd also rehearsed my excuses for not completing the 2nd 5 min run.. I didn't have to use either speeches much to my disbelief. I have a very bad habit of clock watching which I need to get under control. Not that I believe in ADD but I get bored putting petrol in my car so watching time click by for 5 mins can be torture!

I didn't feel out of breath too much at the end.. for the final 90 secs I turned the speed up to get my heartbeat pumping. On the way home I felt like I needed to do a harder workout and regretted not doing weights after the run.. All the more reason I'm taking the dog for a long walk in the morning.

Dinner tonight - ooh Risoni Pasta with WW bacon, Garlic Mushroom and Organic Tomatoes.. and yes right now I'm having a glass of White Wine.

** The Texan Boyfriend and I are watching Australia's Next Top Model - I have NO excuse for that!!

3 comments:

Lis @ ATruckerWife said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog. I love new visitors.

Your workout sounds great!!! minus the creepy guy. I hope I can do just as well when I get there next week :)

Bek - creator, domestic goddess, full time mum & full time education assistant! said...

Well done hun....the finish line is sooo dooable now...Luv Cookie

sook54 said...

WTG! before long you will be drunk on the endorphins of the longer runs (that's the carrot for the 20minute plus runs) and won't even think about wine...