It's definitely easier doing the C25k program on a treadmill then out in the real world.. I know - my feeble attempts to run around my local park when I first started were... well... feeble. pathetic really.
So 4 weeks into running on the treadmill I took myself out on the streets last night with my trusty pod and went back to the good ole days of week 1. Happy to report that even though I still run like an elephant in yoga pants I didn't struggle at all with the session. I ran past the junkies, prostitutes, upmarket restaurants and organic street stall without turning bright red and wheezing for oxygen (except for when I passed the local convenience store that is open 24 hrs but never once have I seen a cleaner on the premises).
I think I'll start going back to past weeks sessions on my 'rest days' and do these ones outside so i can build the fitness running away from the treadmill.
Which means I'm one running step closer to justifying purchasing this:
No comments:
Post a Comment