Tuesday, March 13, 2007

moving right along..

I am happy to report that i have just returned from the gym tonight intact with no new bruisers - except of course to my ego.. still.

For the record I'm the type of girl who regularly runs into full glass doors - even the automatic kind. (In my defense - the door at my local Coles does not open quick enough for my liking! I really should apologise to the cleaners for the various nose prints I've left over the years. So - saying that - I'm used to public mishaps but nothing so far has come close to yesterdays crash and burn! Not even the time I broke both my arms in Scotland while I was attempting to walk over a fence that was a foot high. This is a true story. Eight years later - in cold weather - my elbows still hurt. Even though that accident happened in a park - in full view of a very busy building site and witnessed by - oh at least a hundred construction workers on lunch.. it still pales in comparison to yesterday.

Alas I returned to the gym tonight and headed once again to the treadmills. This time extremely careful to make sure all was in order and that the damn thing was OFF. If I looked like I was having a moment of compulsive disorder to my fellow gym goers then so be it.. I now have more then a vested interest in paying close attention to what state the treadmills are in!

So I got on and did Session 2 of Wk2 of the C25k program. I am loving this week - it's so easy! in fact tonight I really thought I could have gone much further - but I'm heeding the advice of the podcast and sticking to program as it's designed.. I added some weight training though when I was done to change my routine a bit.

Core is still going well and I've been religious about it so far this week - ok it's tuesday.. but it's a start! No wine this week yet. (yes I'm aware it's only tuesday!)

Work is getting busy which is helping with staying active - today I got asked to take on a another position - so effectively doing 2 jobs at the same time for the duration of the show. It's reality TV - which is not as crazy nutso as the film production work I'm used to so I'm grateful for the extra workload.

Tonights menu: A fantastic ginger, chilli, lemongrass chicken stir fry with brown rice - yum! I'm missing tofu though - is it really not a core food????

No comments: