Thursday, March 15, 2007

6am

This morning - as I do most mornings - I dropped into my local cafe to pick up a cup of coffee for my drive to work.. I said my morning hellos to my friendly Barista (who loves to give me detailed descriptions of his saucy weekends - but that's another story!).

Suddenly the person next to me says "Hi - haven't seen you for a while".

I turned - and it's a guy I got set up with by a friend for a blind date a hundred years ago - which was a disaster!! So polite conversation ensued - but just like our 'date' I had nothing really to say. All I could remember while he was chatting was the email he had sent after the 'date' to tell me he wasn't looking for anything serious - completely presumptuous!! He never knew that when I finished dinner with him on that night I then went on another date - that was truly successful.. sometimes it's nice to just let them think what they want because you're probably never going to see them again - except years later - in your local coffee shop where your forced into polite conversation.. Oh well.

No comments: