Saturday, March 17, 2007

pass the advil... urrggghh

I haven't been drinking really.. on this endeavour to get fit and healthy that was one of the casualities. Which is a very good thing. So there has been no red wine during the week because it's a well know fact in my circle that I more then love a glass or two. For 4 weeks not a bottle of the dark grapes has entered my house or been ordered at a restaurant I've been sticking to soda water and the very occaisional white wine with the lowest percentage alcohol I could find. And it's been paying off in terms of weight loss, the ability to make healthy choices with food and no hangovers - at all... Until today. Because last night I went to my favourite spanish restaurant. We consumed Gambas al Pil Pil and Mussels in the most gorgeous tomato and white wine broth.. and red wine was consumed.. all in all a brilliant friday night meal. except.... BECAUSE I have not been drinking I have lost the ability to be piss fit!!!! which is Australian slang for being able to drink and not feel the effects.. Today I feel dredful.. I've missed my yoga class and I'm wondering how I'm going to run this afternoon when the weather clams down and reaches a decent enough temperature to venture outside. In essence - lesson learn't. now I'm just going to curl up on the couch with the saturday papers (which by the way are more then entertaining at the moment due to John Howard being proven to be the fool he is)..

2 comments:

bonjourtristesse said...

N! thanks ever so much for checking my blog...Hope you are feeling better, sorry to hear you've lost the power of piss fit! Good expression! So for the blind item...what can I say...Not Billy Idol...he was Fight Club, and he's been to "Mars"...lemme know how you do! take good care, hope to "see" ya soon!

Faerie said...

LOL

how ironic is that my EXs name is john howard and he too is a fool... ??