Monday, March 26, 2007

This Weeks Core Menu Plan..


As suggested by a reader (and what I thought was a damn fine idea) here is this weeks menu plan.

Daily Breakfast (ie: it depends on what I feel like on the day - I just choose from my list)

* Nestle Diet Yoghurt over chopped up Banana and fresh Strawberries.
* Soy and Linseed Toast with Cottage Cheese (plus an apple if I only have one
slice).
* Bran Cereal (yawn!) with Banana and skim milk.
* Soft Boiled Egg, slice of multigrain toast.
Everyday really starts with a Skinny Latte - I drive 40 mins to work which is just not possible if I don't have a coffee in the car!

Lunch Choices

* Sushi/ Sashimi
* This amazing Chicken Teriyaki from my favourite japanese takeaway that doesn't
cook in oil.
* Multigrain Bread (if I haven't had it for b/fast), Cottage Cheese, Lettuce and
Light Ham.
* Leftover dinner from the night before.
* Did I mention Sushi?

Dinner

Sunday (last night):
Tomato Lamb Curry with Brown Rice


Monday: Lean, great cut of Steak with a green salad

Tuesday: Risoni Pasta with WW Bacon, Mushroom, Cherry Tomatoes and Basil

Wednesday: Mini Roast Beef and char grilled Vegetables (asparagus, beans, zucchini - all the greens!)

Thursday: Grilled Skinless Chicken Breast, Roasted Sweet Potato, pumpkin and Spinach Salad ( a dollop of cottage cheese on this salad is awesome)

Friday: Dinner out with the Boy - where I exercise restraint and intelligent decision making.. bwahahaha - so far so good!

Saturday: Chilli Con Carne and Potato Wedges (not fried but roasted with NO oil)

All of the above dinners are done with very little oil - if none at all. I do use olive oil in the Risoni Pasta dish but keep it to the 2 tbs alloted amount.

If I remember I'll take photos of my creations as I make them.. If I wasn't working in the film & tv industry I would of probably been a chef.. Well that's what I like to believe!!!

Next Week = new menu.

No comments: