I meant to post this yesterday but just got slack really..
It's a funny week this week with Easter coming up so The Texan Boyfriend and I have decided we will be eating out Thursday, Friday and Saturday evening while we are away being faux teenagers at the Bluesfest. Luckily we will be in Byron which is renowned for awesome Organic food. The town is literally littered with healthy restaurants and I don't think I wil have any problem sticking to the Core Plan.
Until then I have to be strict. No Alcohol until Friday..
So this is what I have planned for dinners until the holiday:
Monday
Chicken, Ginger & Chilli Stir Fry
Ingredients
Fresh Organic Chicken
Stir fry vegetables incuding: Buk Choy, snow peas, Broccolini, carrot
Sauce: Light Soy Sauce (not light because of Calorie reasons but light because it taste better in this stir fry then dark sauces), Ginger, Fresh Chilli, Oyster Sauce.
Method:
I marinate the Chicken in Soy, Ginger & Chilli while I'm at the Gym. Then when I'm ready - heat the wok with a tiny amount of peanut oil, throw in the chicken and cook quickly. Throw all the veges in at once - add a 1/4 cup of water - mix everything and coat with the watery sauce. Turn the heat up and put a bamboo steamer lid on top. Steam the stir fry for 1 minute only. Then serve on a bed of lettuce leaves or rice.
For me it's essential to make this stir fry quickly so it has a gorgeous gingery chilli light sauce - almost like a broth.
Tuesday
Steak with Asian Greens
Ingredients
Sirloin Steak - seasoned with salt and pepper
Buk Choy (there's a theme this week for leafy green veges)
Chinese Broccolini
Hoisin Sauce
Method
Cook the Steak in a non stick pan with no oil to your liking.
Steam the broccolini and buk choy til they turn bright green and then take off the heat - don't over steam!
Serve the Steak with the greens that have been drizzled with Hoisin sauce.
The Texan needs a carb with this meal so for him I usually bake a potato..
Wednesday
Fettuccine with Mushroom, Fresh Tomato and Basil
Ingredients
3 varieties of mushrooms
tomatoes
fresh Basil
(chilli optional)
2 tbls Olive Oil
Garlic
cooked fettucine
Method
Sautee sliced mushrooms in olive il with garlic until soft. Take off heat - add in fresh dice tomatoes and basil - stir through. Pour over cooked warm pasta and stir through.
** you can change this dish a little by adding either Bacon, Ricotta or Chicken. Still Core and still yummy!
Simple and Fresh! I'm obsessed with not overcooking foods when they contain veges.
Breakfast and Lunches are similar to last week.
Breakfast
* Nestle Diet Yoghurt over chopped up Banana and fresh Strawberries.
* Soy and Linseed Toast with Cottage Cheese (plus an apple if I only have one
slice).
* Bran Cereal (yawn!) with Banana and skim milk.
* Soft Boiled Egg, slice of soy & linseed toast.
* Spanish Omelette with mushroom, cherry tomato, onion and basil
Lunch Choices
* Sushi/ Sashimi
* This amazing Chicken Teriyaki from my favourite japanese takeaway that doesn't
cook in oil.
* Soy & Linseed Bread (if I haven't had it for b/fast), Cottage Cheese, Lettuce
and Light Ham.
* Leftover dinner from the night before.
* Salad with corn kernals, cottage cheese, tomato & snow peas
No comments:
Post a Comment