It's crazy busy at The Reality Show for me which is just a little distracting from real life.. Dreaming of a sea change and moving permanently away...
I did manage to run Tuesday night around the neighbourhood. When I'm not running on the treadmill I'm going back to the beginning of C25k as I find it so much harder to run in the real world then the treadmill - damn hills - and I'm determined to conquer both. I did a week 2 session - 90 sec run, 2min walk - repeat 6 times.. Sounds relatively easy for someone who just kicked a double 8min session right?? Yeah - no. But. I did it. I finished it. I looked like a sweaty red faced non runner (oh the horror! hehehe).
Last night it was back to the treadmill - without the Ullrey podcast. Instead I timed myself by the treadmill clock - all the while watching The Biggest Loser (a girl needs as much inspiration as possible!). Technically I should of been up to the 20 min run.. well I decided to try it a little differently.. I think because I haven't been having the 'rest' days in between runs I'm finding the next levels difficult (blatant excuse No.1).
I did the 5 min warm up and thought I would repeat W5.D2 - instead I ran 10 mins - walked 4 and then ran another 10 -- keeping my heart rate up to 178. I became that huffing person on the treadmill - luckily it was a semi empty room! A good run.. 300 calories burnt.
I then (deviating from the menu plan) made the yummiest Chicken Teriyaki for The Texan Boyfriend and myself..
Ingredients
Organic Chicken Breast - sliced
Ginger
Shallots
Ayam Teriyaki Sauce (all natural ingredients and CORE)
Broccolini
Buk Choy
Green Beans
Method
Marinate the Chicken in 3 tbls of teriyaki sauce in an oven proof dish for 1 hr.
Before baking grate a knob of ginger over the chicken and slice the oniony end of the shallots. Cover with Alfoil and bake for 30 - 40 minutes. Set aside - keeping covered (to steam).
In a bamboo steamer put the green vegetables with a few slices of ginger. Steam until bright gree. Don't over cook.
Serve Chicken and Vegetables together with a very small drissle of hoisin over the vegetables.
No comments:
Post a Comment