Wednesday, July 11, 2007

it pays to hoard

I LOVE hotels. Known fact. Sometimes I would much prefer to live in a hotel in my own city then at home and I'm quite fond of my house. There is something about the clean sheets, the decor, the mini bar, the TV in front the bed, the fact someone delivers food to your door and of course the little freebies in the bathroom! I admit I have quite a collection of random shampoos, conditioners, bathgels and mouthwashes.. not to mention shower caps and those little grooming kits that contain needle and threads, nail files and cotton buds. These things then usually kick around in various make up bags and bathroom cupboards for years until I eventually throw them out - unused.

So yesterday just before I left work I went to get changed for the gym. As I put on my workout pants I discovered a hole in a not so convenient place.. on brand new tights no less! bugger - I had no time to swing by home to change and thought I'd have to miss pump (because seriously it would not of been a good look for anyone behind me)! THEN I realised I had one of those grooming kits in my bag and out came the needle and thread. It was right then I was happy to be a hoarder of things that 'may come in handy one day.'

This little crafty sewing session went on while in the loo - seeing as that's where I was changing... I'm nothing if not classy.
weigh in to follow shortly....

No comments: