Wednesday, August 22, 2007

It's Wednesday..

So it's the day I pony up to the scales.... 63.7kg.

I'm happy enough with that..

Those figures are brought to you courtesy of:

Not enough dancing.

Definitely not enough exercise - in fact there was none.. If you don't count walking to a tram.

There were trams involved? - Well yes dear readers - both of you. I was in Melbourne. Impromptu trip with my visiting LA buddy. We ate - we drank way too much.. We ate some more. Drank again and again. He can drink any aussie under the table - and that is saying something!

I haven't been food obsessed for a while now - as in a Don't Eat That Type of Food obsessed. Instead I have allowed bread and cheese. I've even given into an evil chip here and there. Life is meant for living - not constantly telling my friends "I can't eat that". I just watch how much of it I eat and counterbalance it with keeping up with the water intake (Beer is made from water right?) and lots of vegetables and fruit (Wine is made from grapes right?) I still don't go anywhere near take oout joints - why waste the pleasure of food on something so massed produced?

Tonight I need to cook The Texan an awesome meal - now that I'm unemployed a lady of leisure I'm going to take the opportunity to get back to the gym during the day and make the yummiest meals from the freshest ingredients my neighbourhood can provide.

I'm sad to see my LA friend depart and fear it may be another 4 years until I see him again. Damn ocean/life/job/responsibilities.

I've put off checking into Promises for good old fashioned detox. Watch this space. I may get grumpy - but never at you.

1 comment:

Lien said...

I was asked at this week's WW meeting whether I was doing points or core. I told my leader that I was doing core. My sister who comes to WW with me goes "Bull sh*t. You're doing neither. You just eat whatever" That's true, but I am watching the portions and balancing out the week. You can't count points forever and you can't eat off a list of food forever. Sometimes you need the CHEESE!!