Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Table Service

I've taken myself out to lunch - isn't that what the unemployed do? No? hmmmm You're not sure - I see.. Neither am I. I got restless at home - there is a LOT I should be doing there that involves sorting cupboards, cleaning my home office so I can at least see the floor, desk, windows and open the door fully. I don't even know what is blocking it - probably the three thousand pair of shoes and handbags I've lost over the years. Seriously - Where the fuck do they go? Who loses shoes on a regular basis?? Unfortunately sorting it requires being focused, diligent and organised and lately I am none of those things - the complete opposite in fact.

See how truly unfocused I am - the above paragraph barely makes sense! Let's do some more of that..

So lunch - alone.. It took forever to get served.. and just now the waiter tells me my wine won't be long - seems the owner of the restaurant has left for the day, taking their only wine opener with him. (??!!!??WTF) I refrain from asking them why they don't own more then one opener but I'm on a trying-to-not-be-a-bitch week..

There's wireless here - obviously - and though I have wireless in my house I'm happy to be amongst people drinking at 3.40pm on a Wednesday then on my back deck alone (yeah like that doesn't happen!). I'm easing into this unemployment. Trying to quell the panic.. So far it's been busy with the trip to Melb on the weekend - spending time with an old friend/friends and planning the europe trip with the texan which happens in just under 3 weeks.. I've put out feelers for work when I return though I have a gut feeling I'll return to the last show I was on when the new series begins... It's a money reason... It'll see me completely debt free for the first time since I became a semi adult.. and increase the ability to save for more adult things..

No comments: