Monday, September 3, 2007

Monday ramblings...

I never realised how much I took the overgrown hedges of my neighbours that shaded my back deck for granted.. I keep remembering them with fondness as I walk starkers around my house and then get a reminder I am no longer alone! It used to be I could slip out on to the deck in a towel or -- well not much else to do what ever it is I needed to do, get or put out.. The plan is for the hedges to grow back in 'a more even' way. Maybe I should slip them some fertiliser or illegally water them..

Blogging from the back deck...





However one has to be very happy it's Spring! For a start I'm a spring baby so it's all lets-celebrate-me this month. The weekend was the perfect kick off to spring with a touch of Riverfire in my fair city.. No-one actually has a clue why we do Riverfire. It's an absurd waste of government money - especially the F1-11 dump and burn spilling hundreds of litres of fuel into the air.



The evening however is the perfect excuse to throw a party on a balcony, drink from 5pm and end up doing a 'Madonna Off' at 2 in the morning. This was proceeded by a one hour nap in my hosts guest room because of said drinking since 5pm.. Sunday I din't use ANY WW points - there was no way this girl could even think of eating.. Now it's serious detox until a hens party lunch on Saturday (for a wedding that I'll miss of a very close friend while I'm in Europe). That same Saturday night The Texan and I are having a BBQ at my house for the lovely bunch of house sitters that are planning on keeping my house from being burglised and the dog company while we're away..

No comments: