Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Joys of Jet Lag

I thought I was doing pretty well adjusting my body clock to being home. We got in at 6am - after 2 long haul flights and an hour layover in between. I slept on the first flight but the second one I just stayed awake and watched the movies. When we got home we managed to stay up until 10pm and then slept pretty well. Though I was up at 6am yesterday.. semi normal..

This morning however I've been mentally doing lists in my head in bed since 3.30am. It apparently was incredibly important I make a mental list of all the cleaning products I need to buy today because the real estate our showing our (rented and don't want to move from) house tonight. I was also making lists of particular photos from the trip that I am going to create artworks out of in photoshop. Last but not least was the list of what order I will do things today - breakfast, gym, maybe swim at gym, walk dog, buy cleaning products (see list), clean house, finish insurance claim, make pasta from scratch (the first sign of being delirious), be nice to scummy real estate etc etc...

At 4 this morning I could of run a marathon - but know I would of only made it to the end of my street. I haven't attempted a run yet but I suspect I will be starting C25K all over again. Despite the thousands of steps I did in Europe!

Not even good ole WW hot chocolate has helped and it's now 4.45am... Maybe I should make the pasta now..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hate jet lag!!!! when we got back from the UK in Feb it took 2 weeks of getting up at 3am until we finally broke the cycle... nightmare!!!!!!