Sunday, November 25, 2007

Pinch Me!

A collection of texts that flew across the country and world last night during the election:

D in the US watching online - “Oh gawd let it be Rudd...”

A mate in the outback - “Rev Kev Rev!.” (obviously started on the beers early)

Me - “I think I’m hyperventilating” (this was around the time it looked like Maxine would get Bennelong)

My best mate - “I AM hyperventilating - reaching for more beer now - fuck the paper bag!”

A mate in Melbourne - “Holy Shit! heheheehehe” (when Maxine was 54% ahead)

Me - “Do you think Janette is on the phone to Mini Movers now getting quotes?”

The Texan - “I wonder if the Howard’s will get their bond back?”

A sydneyite living in Kirribilli - “Do you think they will have a garage sale?”

L in the UK - “Goood BBYYYYEEEEE Johnny!”

I got this text 3 times from 3 different people - “Thank fuck Costello isn’t the new PM!”

Pete in Vic - “Whoo hoo! it’s simple but oh my how I feel! Hooray!”

Me - “I love that all the candidates are in Pubs and RSLs and their supporters/ families/ hanger ons are pissed as farts! Go Aussies!”

Satirical Mate - “Oh shit now who am I going to pick on and blame for all things evil?”

Me - “Bush.”

Random text from unknown source when I woke up this morning: “Oh my God it’s not a dream!”

1 comment:

missfee said...

YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE