Monday, December 10, 2007

Sunshine on a Rainy Day

I have a wee case of laryngitis... which means nothing to blog world as you can't hear me attempt to talk.. I'm at the writing post it notes and sign language stage both at work and with my house guest.. So they probably all think themselves lucky!

Needless to say there has been no running - treadmill or otherwise. There has however been a fun filled weekend of me ignoring the fact I was that sick.. When there is the lure of afternoon shenanigans on the water with good friends then I can numb myself with alcohol ignore feeling crappy..



We started from Darling Harbour around 4pm on Saturday.. Storm clouds all around us and the mugginess of summer heavy.. Literally as we swung out from Cockle Bay the clouds parted and we were then blessed with gorgeous afternoon sun. Champagne flowed, laughter from one end of the boat to the other, great stories about the harbour from our hosts and general excited revelry ensued.





We cruised into sunset as Sydney put on a show. We had an eclectic bunch of world travellers onboard who had never quite seen the Harbour this way. The day turned long when we arrived back at Darling Harbour - headed on to a house warming - I have no idea where!! Then to the cross... it's no wonder I can't speak today!

2 comments:

Josh said...

That old puddle and coat hanger sure are special in the right light.

Taking visitors sailing on the harbour in the late afternoon/evening is my favourite way to show off home.

Anonymous said...

Shit, that looks so coooooool!