Just home from dinner and drinks at Longrain with my ex boyfriend of 15 years ago.. Actually my very first live in boyfriend and the one who took me to that horrible experience called The Formal in yr 12... (kind of like Prom for those of you playing in the US or have fine memories of Pretty in Pink)
We discussed being adults.. I've never felt so old..
I did absolutely enjoy the moments of familiarisation that you get when chatting to someone that has basically known you your whole life despite the fact you spend next to zilch moments together currently..
I've always thanked him for my best friend. By dumping me and dating her and then her dumping him and becoming my dearest friend life just doesn't seem as sweet sometimes. Even over 10 years later.. I like to rub it in.. He never quite got over her..
I could just be inherently evil.
Mostly I respect growing older and never holding grudges. But he knows he was a pubic breath away from being castrated after the 2nd time he cheated on me!
**This post was brought to you by a weeeeeee amount of the finest pinot noir...
2 comments:
Goodness - I've been revisiting my Year 12 formal as well. Our work christmas party is "Taffeta and Tuxedoes". I didn't even try to put my old dress on again - ghastl thing that it was on.
I hear you lien! though I went faux velvet at mine --- just as classy as it sounds! for shame :)
Post a Comment