I'm stealing this post idea from the oh so fabulous Skinny. By the time you finish reading it the weekend may be over. That's if you get to the end.
Have a great weekend everyone!
A 100 things about me....
1. I was an army brat growing up..until I was around 10.
2. So I went to at least 7 primary schools.
3. Everytime I was back in Qld I went to the same school i started at in Grade 1. I did that 3 times.
4. My dad was a major in the army.
5. He now has lukemia.
6. I am the only family member whose bone marrow matches his.
7. I don’t like him - but I will try to save his life if I have to.
8. I was one of only 4 people in my year 12 class to go to university - out of 300 - fucking bogans.
9. I didn’t learn all that much at uni - except the gift of the gab. I've learnt the real stuff on the job.
10. I moved out of boganville and in with my boyfriend when I was 17 - fucking bogans.
11. He then cheated on me.
12. The girl he cheated on me with is now my best friend and has been for almost 20 years.
13. Fuck I’m old.
14. but I don’t look it :)
15. I’ve been pregnant twice.
16. I’ve learnt some hard lessons.
17. The only time I’ve ever liked chocolate is when I was pregnant...
18. I’ve lived in Edinburgh - Scotland.
19. And San Rafael in San Francisco.
20. I’ve been the assistant to an Oscar winning actor.
21. I’ve also been the assistant to one of Australia’s most amazing and talented directors.
22. I have unfortunately been the assistant to a cunt of a director that almost made me lose faith in humanity.
23. I purposefully ordered a non kosher meal for him on a flight to LA - when he is jewish.
24. I may have slept with a guitarist who is in a sort of famous bad Australian ‘rock’ band led by that guy who’s last name rhymes with snow(e).
25. I’m not proud of that - I didn’t know at the time he was in that band!!!!
26. If I knew I would of left the party - alone.
27. My mother kidnapped me from my year one class when I was 6 and drove for 24 hrs straight to get away.
28. I am eternally grateful to her for that because I then grew up with a woman/mother that truly loves me - despite both our flaws.
29. Unlike my father - which was the other option.
30. I’m not close to anyone in my family really - it’s just the way I grew up - none of us are close.
31. Though I miss my Aunt who died of an aids related illness and my grandmother.
32. I missed both their funerals.
33. Everytime I have lived overseas someone important in my life has died.
34. I’m fiercly loyal to my friends and they become my family.
35. I fucked up once and got caught for drink driving and have never felt more ashamed - and I only had 2 glasses of wine - on an empty stomach - fucking idiot that i was/am.
36. I’ve worked in the film industry for just over 10 years now.
37. At times I wished I’d just be happy working in a bank or a ‘real world’ job.
38. I couldn’t think of anything worse.
39. I really am a gypsy at heart - put a caravan in front of me and I just want to flee to somewhere exotic.
40. The first concert I ever went to was Bowie.
41. Followed the next day by Suzie Quatro.
42. I went with my mother - she took me to both of these concerts as well as Springsteen, Gonna, Inxs, Blondie and every other band that played during my early summer teenage years.
43. She's a bit of a hippy. She grows pot. But wears a suit to work each day. We are not alike in that regard - but I have identicle handwriting to her.
44. The first concert I ever went to on my own was The Thompson Twins in 1983 at Festival Hall. I was 12.
45. My mother made me watch Countdown religiously - as well as The Goodies and the ABC news.
46. One of my best friends is a pop star.
47. We often - still - discuss how amazing it is that as teenagers we made plans about how he would one day have number one hits - worldwide - and that it actually became a reality! 30 million album sales later...
48. This is the second time I have lost 15 kilos - it will be the last.
49. This is the first time I have ever been this dedicated to exercise and being fit.
50. I’ve never felt so strong.
51. I have never been this fit.
52. I had a few issues in my childhood relating to men and how I was treated by them.
53. I just like to think I'm completely over it and it's no longer the 80's and scars heal etc etc glah blah.
54. I’ve made a lot of mistakes - but I’m human.
55. I’ve travelled to 52 cities in almost 20 countries - it’s my pure happiness when I land in a new city.
56. I’ve had one hit song written about me - that I often hear when I’m in daggy clothes doing my grocery shopping or buying tampons.
57. I love lists.
58. I’m not sure if I’ll ever have children - and I’m not even sure if I can or if I ever could of...
59. I wish I could figure that shit out ‘before it’s too late’.
60. I’m only up to 60!
61. I can’t just read one book at a time - it has to be 3 - but there is always a dominant book in that pile.
62. I’ve made a complete arse of myself in public several times - actually uncountable times.
63. I’ve always laughed my hardest when I’ve done that.
64. I had an obsession with Marilyn Monroe and Jimmy Stewart growing up.
65. I still will drop everything and watch one of their films if they come on when I’m home.
66. I played the lead in Bye Bye Birdie at high school and had to sing live every night for a week.
67. I can’t sing.
68. And I was singing opposite of that guy that later became a pop star.
69. He can fucking sing.
70. I didn’t drink until I was in my 20’s.
71. Now I drink too much.
72. I gave up smoking 3 years ago.
73. Just went cold turkey one day and could never imagine putting a stupid paper stick full of disgusting chemicals again in my mouth.
74. I’m currently working in Reality TV.
75. I HAVE to do a film or drama after this show - I need the fix of being on set and working on something a lot more substantial.
76. Though I love TV hours - I never would of had the chance to get fit and healthy doing the 12 /14 plus hours on a film.
77. TV is only a 10 hour day.
78. When ever I’ve temped and realised that people in the ‘real world’ generally work less then 8 hrs and that includes a lunch break I’ve been gobsmacked.
79. And sometimes envious.
80. But I think I’d get crazy bored.
81. When I’m busy I get more done.
82. When I don’t have much to do I hardly do anything.
83. I have at times loved 2 men at once - deeply - with all my heart.
84. It ended in tears.
85. I have at times not been faithfull.
86. It ended with sobbing.
87. I am grateful for being loved now.
88. We will see how that goes.
89. I drink in a pub my grandfather used to frequent when he was a ‘wharfie’ and my grandmother used to drag him out of it at 6pm every night.
90. This pub is just around the corner from me now.
91. I only just learnt this part about my families history - I never knew they ever came to this part of the city.
92. I obviously do not know everything about my family.
93. I have a godson - that I really need to see more of.
94. He is the child of my other best friend and she is the ONLY person in this world who would not judge me no matter what I’ve done, thought, said.
95. I have pondered often that life is only a dream and not real. I was convinced as a children I was being 'recorded' - and this was years before The Truman Show.
96. My real dreams however are huge massive Bond like film epics - big escapades involving boats, trains, islands, running, spy like activities etc etc.
97. I wake up exhausted from these dreams.
98. And wish I could turn them into screenplays.
99. Lost is on and I’m still loving this show regardless of the fact it’s going nowhere.
100. I thought I would stuggle getting to 100 - but I think I 've only described 10% of my life.
8 comments:
That is some impressive list!
Looks like you have lead a very rich and fulfilling life until this point. It must be funny to know someone that famous and still be able to think of them as your mate from high scool.
Andjxx
LOVE IT!!
What a great slice of your life - you could make it into a mini-series and get the real life pop-star to play "himself".
Who would play you though?
K
Good list. You're a bit of an enigma shrouded in a mystery....or some shit.
I have way active dreams that leave me exhausted when I wake up too. Very freaky.
very impressive list... and they were all interesting. I love finding out more about interesting people.
steph - it is exhausting isn't it! some days I wake up and look like I've been escaping from terrorists in war ravaged lands..
em - thanks sweetie! x
Awesome. Loved it. I'd do one but i dont think there are 100 things to know about me. hmmmm... tell me what is the song written about you?? or tell me a line and i'll guess it. I know every word to every song ever!! That could be my no. 1 he he he
Thanks for sharing.
xx
Friday - it's possible the word 'break' appears somewhere in the song - and that's about all I'm giving away! :) Try writing a list for yourself - you'll be surprised x
Post a Comment