I had a rest day yesterday and while I cycled (only 3 k) to a friends house and back last night I didn't do any other exercise.. Monday and Tuesday night were Pump classes with cardio thrown in after. So a day off to let muscles rebuild and do their thing was in order.
As you know the muscles we work out need repairing after the micro-tears and stresses they get during exercise. So when the muscles do their repairs they pretty much think - oh this muscles in need of extra repairing in case that silly girl takes us to another pump class - and thus builds it stronger. More muscle mass equals more calories burned.
So why do I still feel guilty on rest days!!!!?????
And do you think my muscles realise they are blonde???
4 comments:
Rest days are so required but they should be called guilt days as I tend to feel horribly guilty when I dont do what i feel is enough exercise!!
Mwah xxx
ps I LOVE that you ditched the blog roll!!
S X
Hi Miss N, thanks for the comment on my blog :) Your stats are almost identical to my sis in law. Down from 78 to 63, an exercise junkie but unable to shift those last 3-8 kilos like yourself. She had a month off all exercise over January and I think it was really good for her. She has started a new routine with new found zest and the inches are moving. Don't feel guilty on rest days - I think you're awesome :)
sue - I think that is exactly what I will be calling them! I'm also trying to make my blog less cluttered and now with google reader I moved away from a blogroll..
Linda - you're welcome - I'm lovign your flashbacks! And thanks for the words. x
Post a Comment