Friday, February 22, 2008

Lunge it!



I hate hate hate lunges. As much as I love Body Pump - lunges are just not my friend. I do them. I concentrate on them. I push through the track and think of my legs getting stronger. But I hate them. Squats however I love. Go figure.

I've done 3 pump classes this week. Upping my weights has made a massive difference - especially to squats. Going heavy in that track actually makes it easier to go lower and stay down for the dreaded 'bottom half'. Ouch. But a good ouch.

As I'm getting more serious about running podcast of the week goes out to Steve Runner's Phedippidations . Search iTunes - Steve Runner. I do wish there were more Aussie running podcasts out there.. I'm still searching.

I went for a 10 km riverside bike ride this morning - beautiful sunrise! Half way through I was starving! Which is not normal because for years I was a breakfast skipper - not anymore though. I think my metabolism is also changing and I'm pretty sure it has to do with moving on to the 'eating 5 times a day' idea of consuming food.

In other random news I just called in sick to my own mother.. I was meant to be staying on the coast with her and my god mother (who I haven't seen in 20+ years) but quite honestly - I'm just not up to it tonight. Smite me Oprah for I have sinned!!!!

3 comments:

KatieP said...

Me too - I HATE lunges and love squats or the leg press. I have great strong thighs but I can't seem to keep my balance when lunging.
xxx

Lien said...

Lack of internet meant I haven't been keeping up with blog reading but OMFG we had the exact same conversation about lunges. Can do the squats but the lunges? My brother in law who teaches pump keeps saying how I'm not doing them correctly. I'm trying, but those things are shit and have you noticed that the music is getting crappier with each new release?

Miss N said...

Katiep - oh i know - i know!

Lien - you are so right - the tracks lately are lame and every instructor i have agrees! so often now they are mixing up different releases rather then just do BP #64 all the way through.. so that helps.